OUR MISSION AND PHILOSOPHY
At Pure Exploration, we focus on meaningful adventure travel, immersing people in unique cultural environments, educating them and encouraging personal development. Through adventure and exploration, we want to help you develop mental fortitude, internal confidence and external wellbeing. We offer outdoor adventure courses overseas designed for young travellers seeking a constructive and developmental stepping stone into independent travel, the outdoor industry or the next chapter in their life.
We provide a range of experiences, activities and environments within an adventure travel context that focuses on building social and community relationships and an ever-expanding level of independence and responsibility for yourself and others.
WHY CHOOSE PURE EXPLORATION?
- Our team has over 20 years global experience guiding groups and teaching technical outdoor skills. Meet the Team!
- Industry credibility: we are a member of the Adventure Travel Trade Association, Backpacker Youth Adventure Travel Association, NZOIA Associate Member, and we are Adventure Mark Certified
- Experience-based learning programs backed with world-recognised qualifications
- Past participant recommendations - they keep coming in! We are proud of the 98% pass rate of our participants in program and even more of their personal growth. Don't take our word for it, hear it from our participants themselves: Read Their Reviews
OUR PROGRAM DESIGN
We offer a diverse range of programs which have all been designed with the following four core program components.
1. PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT & LEADERSHIP
With the fun and practical learn-by-doing method of Pure Exploration, we take you out of your comfort zone and challenge you. Challenge you to manage emotions and stress, to do more than you ever thought you could, to embrace diversity and interact with those around you.
2. CULTURAL EXCHANGE & ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICE
Pure Exploration collaborates with diverse environmental organisations globally, championing conservation efforts across unique landscapes. Engage in fulfilling environmental projects in New Zealand, Patagonia or Nepal, offering rich learning experiences in remote and extraordinary locations.
3. ADVENTURE TRAVEL
To undertake an adventure is to enter the unknown, to extend beyond your comfortable surroundings, to try, taste, feel, sense, and experience new things. This requires us to get away from cities, hotels, tour buses and tourist attractions: away from the people, places, and languages that we are used to.
4. WILDERNESS & OUTDOOR EXPERIENCES
You will explore inspiring natural environments throughout your adventure. You will go camping in incredible spots, experience wilderness huts, unique cultural lodges and, for some, even snow caves. Adventure sports like abseiling and rock climbing can be awesome ways for you to learn about yourself and the natural environment, whilst being exciting and exhilarating too.