WHO IS THIS PROGRAM FOR?
If you are a goal oriented, hard working and driven individual who is eager to kick-start their career in the outdoor industry this is the course for you!
A certain amount of prior experience is necessary as course prerequisites. It is important for us to be sure that you are truly passionate about the outdoors and ready to undertake all of the challenges that come with training to be an outdoor instructor.
WHAT IS THE OUTDOOR INSTRUCTOR PROGRAM?
The Outdoor Instructor Program is not for the faint-hearted. It is the only fast-track outdoor instructor training program in the Southern Hemisphere. No other course offers as many hard skills, qualifications, and experience working in the field!
The course takes place across two twelve-week semesters. During your first semester your main focus will be on gaining all of the technical skills required to be a confident instructor. Your second semester will be about putting your skills into practice and learning by doing!
The Outdoor Instructor Training Course gains the following qualifications:
- NZOIA Bush Instructor (Level 1)
- NZOIA Rock Climbing Instructor (Level 1)
HOW WILL YOU LEARN?
- TRAIN: You will train with our highly qualified and experienced technical instructors. Our small group sizes make our training course a personal experience, allowing you time to ask questions, develop your skills and work on areas you find challenging.
- SHADOW INSTRUCTING: Shadow instructing gives you the time to get comfortable working in front of a group. You will assist our instructors on an Adventure Guide Program having the opportunity to grasp their methods, watch their teaching styles and learn the trade, all in a pressure free environment.
- WORK PLACEMENT: During your second semester you will get the chance to join our Adventure Guide Program as a trainee instructor. You will gain real world work experience as an instructor, teach our students how to climb, rig anchors and navigate. You will take the lead on sections of the program and showcase the skills you have learned.